Askari civilization has its origins with Philios, a first-generation nephalem, and Lycander, an angelic follower of Inarius. When Lilith betrayed Inarius’s followers, Lycander fled back to the High Heavens, but maintained contact with Philios through a device called the Sightless Eye. In time however, Lycander’s fellow angels discovered that she was communicating with someone outside Heaven, though they did not know who. Lycander ended the romance and insisted that Philios hide the Eye so that Heaven would not learn of Sanctuary’s existence. A grieving Philios obliged, and hid the Eye on Skovos.
Warriors of Askari: Hunting Diablo 2 Items
The Amazon is a powerful woman warrior of the Askari, who belongs to nomadic bands who roam the plains near the South Sea. The wandering of these groups often brings them into conflict with other peoples, so the Amazon is accustomed to fighting to defend her own. This lifestyle has made her fiercely independent and able to weather severe hardship and travel.
While her skill with the Bow rivals that of the Rogues, the Amazon is also adept in the use of Spears and Javelins, as well as in hand to hand combat. Amazon Weapons are D2 Items which only Amazons can equip. These are special Bows, Javelins and Spears. The Amazon is much sought after as a mercenary, in which type of service she will be loyal as long as her own ends are also served. She is voiced by Jessica Strauss.
Amazon Builds in Hunting D2 Items
The Amazon, as opposed to characters such as the Sorceress, is generally more effective at dealing a large amount of damage to single enemies, or dealing quick, successive amounts of damage to multiple enemies. They are generally effective in either PvP or hunting Diablo 2 Items in PvM.
- Angelzon: Focuses on items, as opposed to skills and synergies.
- Bowazon: General term used to describe Amazons that focus on use of Bow, and Bow and Crossbow Skills.
- Javazon: General term used to describe Amazons that focus on use of Javelins or Spears, and Javelin and Spear Skills.
- Passivezon: Focuses on the Passive and Magic Skills of Amazons.
- Fendazon: Focuses on use of the skill Fend.
- Lightjab Amazon: Also knowns as Thunderfury, focuses on use of Jab and Lightning Fury skills.
- Hybridazon: A hybrid of two Amazon categories. Usually consisting of a Valkyrie and an element spell.
- Fire and Ice Bowazon: Focuses on the Immolation Arrow and Freezing Arrow skills.
- Plagazon: Focuses on the Plague Javelin skill.
In terms of Bowazons and Javazons, there is much versatility depending on whether a character focuses on Cold Arrows or Fire Arrows, for instance, or Poison Skills or Lightning Skills for the Javazons.