Diablo 3 is filled with dark and menacing creatures crawling about, waiting to pounce and suck the life out of their unsuspecting prey. Defeating them, however, can serve very profitable as they drop Diablo 3 items, gain you experience and gold as well. On today’s article we will be walking you through the battle with one particularly threatening boss: Urzael. Read on below for more information.
Urzael: A Background for Diablo 3 Items Collectors
Urzael, Harbinger of Death was the co-leader of the Reapers. He was also a loyal follower of Malthael and served as his servant and lieutenant. When his master disappeared, he set off to look for him, swearing he will not stop until he found him. As Malthael had previously developed an interest in the mortal realm, Urzael started his search there. He did not find his master, but he did find humans—a lot of them. During his time there he watched as the humans destroyed each other, causing chaos in their own world and to each other. Urzael quickly became disgusted with humanity. He eventually found his master and found that they shared a distaste for humanity. They resolved to clean the face of Creation by wiping out humanity.
Urzael: Skills and Abilities for Diablo 3 Items Collectors
- Blazing Leap – Urzael stands on his rocket and highlights two circles on the arena: the one from which the enemy will jump and the one that marks his landing place.
- Cannonball– Urzael launches a projectile cannon towards your character. It moves slowly and will leave a trail of fire that deals damage to units that come in contact.
- Ceiling Shot – Urzael summons flaming planks from the ceiling to start falling onto the arena which deal damage to your character if come into contact.
- Once Uzrael reaches 65% health he will stun all players and set the whole building on fire. This will indicate that phase 2 has begun. His weapon will then transform into a gargoyle-like hand cannon. He will retain his abilities from Phase 1 but with increased damage. He also learns an additional 2 abilities:
- Breath of Flame – Urzael uses the cannon like a flamethrower as it spits flames in a steady arc directly in front of him.
- Fiery Swing: Urzael will swing his cannon like a baseball bat. However, he will only use this ability if there is a player in melee range and all other attacks are on cooldown.
How to Defeat Urzael: A Strategic Guide for Diablo 3 Items Collectors
In this phase it is fairly easier to dodge all his attacks.
During this phase Urzael will start using his flamethrower ability. As soon as you notice him aiming his cannon at your general direction, run to a safer area. Dodge all the dropping flaming planks of wood and you’ll be just fine.